If you are getting this error message when trying to run any program or application “The program can’t start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” then you are the right place because today we are going to discuss how to resolve this error. The main cause of this error seems to be corrupted or missing MSVCP100.dll. This happens because of virus or malware infection, Windows Registry errors or System corruption.
Now you could see any of the below-listed error message depending upon your system configuration:
- The file msvcp100.dll is missing.
- Msvcp100.dll Not Found
- Cannot find [PATH]\msvcp100.dll
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp100.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
- This application failed to start because msvcp100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
MSVCP100.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ library, and if any program is developed using Visual C++, this file is required to run the program. Most commonly, this file is often required by many games, and if you don’t have MSVCP100.dll, you will face the above error. Often this can be resolved by copying the MSVCP100.dll from Windows folder to games folder. But if you can’t, let’s see how to Fix MSVCP100.dll is missing or not found an error with the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
Fix MSVCP100.dll is missing or not found an error
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Copy the MSVCP100.dll file from Windows to Game Folder
1. Navigate to the following path:
2. Now in the System32 folder find MSVCP100.dll then right-click on it and select Copy.
3. Navigate to the game folder then right-click in an empty area and select Paste.
4. Again try to run the particular game which was giving MSVCP100.dll is missing error.
Method 2: Run System File Checker
The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows system files. It replaces incorrectly corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.
1. Open Command Prompt with Administrative rights .
2. Now in the cmd window type the following command and hit Enter:
3. Wait for the system file checker to finish.
Again try the application which was giving error and if it’s still not fixed, then continue to the next method.
Method 3: Run DISM if SFC Fails
1. Search Command Prompt, right-click and select Run As Administrator.
2. Type the following command in cmd and hit enter after each one:
3. Let the DISM command run and wait for it to finish.
4. If the above command doesn’t work, then try on the below:
Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows with your repair source (Windows Installation or Recovery Disc).
5. Reboot your PC to save changes, and this should fix MSVCP100.dll is missing or not found an error.
Method 4: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
First, go here and download Microsoft Visual C++ and then continue with this method.
1. Press Windows Key + R then type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
2. Switch to boot tab and checkmark Safe Boot option.
3. Click Apply, followed by OK.
4. Restart your PC and system will boot into Safe Mode automatically.
5. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ download and then uncheck the Safe Boot option in System Configuration.
6. Restart your PC to save changes. Again try to run the application and see if you can Fix MSVCP100.dll is missing or not found an error.
Method 5: Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
1. Download and install CCleaner & Malwarebytes.
2. Run Malwarebytes and let it scan your system for harmful files. If malware is found, it will automatically remove them.
3. Now run CCleaner and select Custom Clean.
4. Under Custom Clean, select the Windows tab and checkmark defaults and click Analyze.
5. Once Analyze is complete, make sure you’re certain to remove the files to be deleted.
6. Finally, click on the Run Cleaner button and let CCleaner run its course.
7. To further clean your system, select the Registry tab, and ensure the following are checked:
8. Click on the Scan for Issues button and allow CCleaner to scan, then click on the Fix Selected Issues button.
9. When CCleaner asks “Do you want backup changes to the registry?” select Yes.
10. Once your backup has completed, click on the Fix All Selected Issues button.
11. Restart your PC to save changes.
Method 6: Perform System Restore
1. Press Windows Key + R and type sysdm.cpl then hit enter.
2. Select the System Protection tab and choose System Restore.
3. Click Next and choose the desired System Restore point.
4. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete system restore.
5. After reboot, you may be able to Fix MSVCP100.dll is missing or not found an error.
Method 7: Repair Install Windows 10
This method is the last resort because if nothing works out, then, this method will surely repair all problems with your PC. Repair Install uses an in-place upgrade to repair issues with the system without deleting user data present on the system. So follow this article to see How to Repair Install Windows 10 Easily.
- Fix Mail, Calendar, and People Apps not working
- How to Fix Chrome err_spdy_protocol_error
- Fix losing internet connection after installing Windows 10
- How to Fix Network Adapter Missing in Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully Fix MSVCP100.dll is missing or not found error but if you still have any questions regarding this post then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.