If you are reading this article, you must face this issue where High CPU usage is caused by RuntimeBroker.exe. Now what is this Runtime Broker, well, it is a Windows process which manages permissions for apps from Windows Store. Usually, the process of Runtime Broker (RuntimeBroker.exe) should only take a little amount of memory and should only have a very low CPU usage. But if you are facing this issue, then some faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up all of the memory and cause a High CPU usage.
The main problem is that the system becomes slow, and other apps or programs don’t get left with enough resources to function smoothly. Now to fix this issue, you need to disable Runtime Broker which we are going to discuss in this article. So without wasting any time let’s see how to actually Fix High CPU Usage by RuntimeBroker.exe with the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
Fix High CPU Usage by RuntimeBroker.exe
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Disable Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings and then click System.
2. Now, from the left-hand menu, click on Notifications & actions.
3. Scroll down till you find “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.“
4. Make sure to turn off the toggle to disable this setting.
5. Reboot your PC and see if you’re able to fix the issue or not.
Method 2: Disable background apps
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click Privacy.
2. Now, from the left-hand menu, click on Background apps.
3. Disable the toggle for all the apps under Choose which apps can run in the background.
4. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 3: Disable Runtime Broker via Registry
1. Press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
3. Now make sure you have highlighted TimeBrokerSvc in the left window pane and then in the right window double click on Start sub-key.
4. Change its value from 3 to 4.
Note: 4 means disable, 3 is for manual, and 2 is for automatic.
5. This will disable RuntimeBroker.exe, but reboot your PC to save changes.
- Enable or Disable Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10
- 10 ways to fix A disk read error occurred
- Fix Non-System Disk or Disk Error Message
- Change Lock Screen Timeout Setting in Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully Fix High CPU Usage by RuntimeBroker.exe but if you still have any questions regarding this post then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.